This barn was built originally in the mid 1800’s set in small farm land of around 50 acres on Lord Galway’s Serlby Estate.
The buildings had mixed use, consisting of a granary, crewe yard, Kennels, Duck store, open cart shed and room for around 20-30 cows.
Some interesting and unusual stone was used in a mainger beleived to be from Hunstanton Cliffs in Norfolk. An original threshing board, grind stone, diamond patterned ventilation existed with ‘Hit and miss’ slatted windows for further ventialtion. Original stone blocks for threshing doors still exist.